Furnace Record Pressing is a full service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for 22 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
Our clients include the biggest bands in the world and also independent labels and bands putting out their first record. Yes, this is a cool place to work, but we also work very hard and care deeply about the final product.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
We are seeking a highly skilled, adaptable, and reliable sales assistant. In this position, you will be part of building a dynamic team to implement our sales, campaigns. You should be familiar with analysis and market research, product and service promotion, and anticipation of customer behavior.
Some things you’ll do in this position (aka responsibilities):
- Input incoming quotes from online quote form and follow up according to team policy
- Take incoming sales calls
- Supports sales by requesting vendor pricing where necessary for team
- Manage daily administrative tasks
- Conduct market research and identify new opportunities for growth with manager
- Gather and analyze consumer behavior data (e.g. industry trends / competitor analysis)
- Help generate reports on and sales metrics
- Contribute to collaborative efforts in organizing promotional events / newsletters / social media campaigns
- Coordinate with design and manager to generate digital and social media material
- Help maintain and update records of sales metrics
- Maintain and update records of sale metrics
- Maintain sales sample library
This position requires presence M-F during normal business hours. We offer training, group health plans, paid vacation, holidays, and 401k.
Some things you’ll need in this position (aka requirements):
- Experience with or degree in sales or relevant field
- Knowledge of sales industry
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, G-Suite, some web analytics
- Understanding and easy navigation of social media platforms
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Team player and self starter
- Skilled in reporting / analyzing information
- Strong organization
- General math and data entry skills required
This is an entry-level position, so we don’t expect you to know how to do this job (don’t worry, we’ll provide training), but we do expect you to have certain qualities that will ensure you’re successful in the position and thrive within our culture.
So, if the following describes you, we encourage you to apply:
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- OCD-level attention to detail
- Smart but easy-going
- Always on time
- Curious. You like figuring things out and want to learn new skills
- Would never decline a task saying “that’s not my job”
- Engaged and enthusiastic
- Good sense of humor
- Heart & hustle
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.