Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for 22 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
The Assembly Runner keeps assembly running. We pack our vinyl records in a custom designed series of assembly lanes we had built for slinging vinyl. If you work as the assembly runner for long enough, the melodic jingle of bins of records rolling down lanes is something you’ll hear in your sleep. It sounds like productivity and kicking ass.
For them to make their music, the lanes need to be stocked with product, consistently and correctly. That’s where you come in.
Some things you’ll do in this position (aka responsibilities):
- Keep assembly stations stocked (this means lifting heavy things, often many times in a day)
- Keep assembly 100% accurate 100% of the time: QC it, train assembly workers on it, QC it again
- Track and enforce production speed goals
- Setup and teardown jobs in assembly room
- Follow instructions, follow schedules, keep assembly aligned with both
- Maintain and improve assembly spaces for safety, efficiency, and LEAN
P.S Fluency in Vietnamese a plus
Some things you’ll need in this position (aka requirements):
- The ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to operate a PC, hand truck and pallet jack
This is an entry level position, so we don’t expect you to know how to do this job (don’t worry we’ll provide training), but we do expect you to have certain qualities that will ensure you’re successful in the position and thrive within our culture.
So, if the following describes you, we encourage you to apply:
- Learns fast
- Notices details
- Understands urgency (this is key)
- Good communicator
- Comfortable with machines
- Likes being part of a team who works hard, respects their work and their co-workers
Please send all resumes to email@example.com for consideration.