About Furnace :
Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for 22 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
What You’ll Do:
Provides direct support to the Accountant by enforcing new purchase order system. You’ll be handling the details of the company’s financial transactions, making sure to keep accurate records and ensure payments are properly processed.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Notices details
- Can do math
- Understands urgency (this is key)
- Likes being part of a team that works hard, respects their work and their co-workers
- Comfortable working in a mac environment
Some things you’ll do in this position:
- Enter vendor bills into FileMaker
- Exporting vendor bills from filemaker into Quickbooks
- Close and bill terms customer orders daily
- Monitor deactivated orders report
- Log payment into DB and possible quickbooks
- Collect payments from customers prior to shipping
- Parse shipping bills, add price to customers in each job, log import costs into each job for profitability, mark up shipping to customer
- Credit card reconciliation
- Run numbers for report.
Some things you’ll need in this position:
- Fluency in Quickbooks
- Knowledge of Filemaker a plus
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org