Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for 22 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
We are looking for a receptionist to join our team. While this is an entry level position with room to grow, the ideal applicant would have some experience of working at the front desk.
- Receiving phone calls/voicemails and directing phone calls to necessary staff
- Receiving inbound/outbound mail, responsible for their final destination
- Assisting Office Manager in day to day operations
- Maintain upkeep and appearance of office front lobby
- Might be called upon by other Furnace staff for help with small projects
- Maintain and improve work space for safety, efficiency, and LEAN!
A can-do attitude with the initiative to always strive to be better. We need a person who is just as passionate about the job just as we are. We’re expanding our office and need someone who is the first person people see when they walk in, so a good attitude and personality is key. It is an entry level position, with room to grow and gain more experiences as the time goes on. We’re willing to train the right person.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- OCD-level attention to detail
- Smart but easy-going
- Always on time
- Curious. You like figuring things out and want to learn new skills
- Would never decline a task saying “that’s not my job”
- Engaged and enthusiastic