Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for over 25 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
We are looking for a detail-oriented, hard-working inventory clerk with warehouse experience and excellent communication skills (written and verbal communication). Your responsibilities would include maintaining inventory records, and preparing balance and shortages reports.
Ideal candidates are physically fit with ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted and stay on their feet for 8 hours a day. Moderate warehouse experience, inventory and IMS (Inventory Management System), and a forklift certified.
Inventory Clerk Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and updating records.
- Counting materials, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock.
- Reporting discrepancies between physical counts and computer records.
- Developing or improving upon inventory management procedures.
- Stocking and distributing supplies, equipment or merchandise.
- Compiling balance, price and cost reports.
- Inventory Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- 2+ years experience in inventory control.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Forklift certified.
All applicants must be vaccinated for Covid-19 and willing to use a face-scanning time clock to record their hours to be considered. *
Please send all resumes to jobs@furnacemfgcom for consideration.