Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for 22 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
We are looking for a Mechanic to join our fantastic team.
Some things you’ll do in this position (aka responsibilities):
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components
- Inspect machines run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Maintain and improve workspaces for safety, efficiency, and LEAN
Some things you’ll need in this position (aka requirements):
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instructions, blueprints etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- Problem-solving ability and creative thinking
- Very good physical strength and stamina
- Learns fast
- Notices details
- Understands urgency (this is key)
- Good communicator
- Comfortable with machines
- Likes being part of a team who works hard, respects their work and their co-workers
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.