Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for over 25 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
We are looking for a part-time Maintenance Technician for our company.
- Ability to work in a team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving and can think creatively
- Basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulics, and air is preferable
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components
- Inspect machines and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment, and systems
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g., repair of hydraulic systems, painting, etc.)
- Perform boiler maintenance
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Pipe fitting and hydraulic knowledge a plus
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical, and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers, etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g., calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instructions, blueprints, etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- Problem-solving ability and creative thinking
- Must be able to use a smartphone, email, text, and complete electronic work
- Physical strength skills include lifting and carrying heavy objects
- Very good stamina
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.