Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria,VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for over 25 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
Our clients include the biggest bands in the world and independent labels and bands putting out their first record. Yes, this is a cool place to work, but we also work very hard and care deeply about the final product.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
We are looking for a Press Operator- Part Time to be a part of our fantastic Pressing team.
The main duties of this position is to make sure the pressing room is running smoothly, by keeping supplies in stock, helping operators with changeovers, startup, and shutdown. Overall support the pressroom in all aspects.
Some things you’ll do in this position (aka responsibilities):
- Provide press operators with consumables while jobs run.
- Assist with material organization, stock put away, raw material inventory.
- Spell machine operators during breaks.
- Serve as real time liaison between press operators and maintenance
- Assist with machine setups and changeovers.
- Assist with startup and shutdown procedure.
The ideal candidate has high energy, positive attitude and good organizational skills. This position requires an ability to think ahead and provide assistance to operations staff. Good communication skills a must.
- Learns quickly
- Thinks critically and enjoys problem-solving Has a keen eye for detail.
- Understands urgency (this is key)
- Good communicator
- Comfortable with machines
- Likes being part of a team who works hard, respects their work and their co- workers
- Demonstrates common sense and adheres to safety measures
Must be able to work on weekends (8 am – 6:30 pm)
Some things you’ll do in this position:
- Keep pressing station stocked with needed supplies
- Setup and changeover jobs in the pressing room
- Follow instructions, follow schedules, and keep the press running
- Provide basic maintenance on presses
- Willing to work occasional late and weekend shifts to meet production deadlines
- Maintain and improve workspaces for safety, efficiency, and LEAN
Some things you’ll need in this position:
Mechanical work experience in a repair or manufacturing environment ideal
Comfortable around (heavy duty) machines and an eagerness to master them is essential.
Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: Alexandria – VA
Schedule: 8am – 6:30pm (Saturday-Sunday)
Salary: From $17.00 per hour