Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for 22 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
We are looking for a Production Assistant to join our fantastic Production team.
On any given week, we have dozens of active client projects in production. The Production team keeps track of all the details of these projects, makes sure every task is done perfectly and on time, and keeps the clients updated on status.
The Production Assistant will work in a team supervised by the Production Manager, to plan logistics of customer projects.
Some things you’ll do in this position (aka responsibilities):
- Generate download codes and troubleshoot customer issues
- Generate UPC codes
- Assist with USB jobs by prepping supplies
- Order entry
- Verify purchase orders
- Sending and collecting payments
- Interacting with customers and with coworkers via phone, email and in person
- Tracking details of numerous complex active orders using provided tools and organizational skills
This position requires presence M-F during normal business hours. We offer training, group health plans, paid vacation, holidays, and 401k.
Some things you’ll need in this position (aka requirements):
- Ability to perform detail-oriented tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing demands for attention
- Time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficient ability to navigate a Mac environment
- Knowledge of FileMaker or other database systems a plus
- Your own transportation
This is an entry-level position, so we don’t expect you to know how to do this job (don’t worry, we’ll provide training), but we do expect you to have certain qualities that will ensure you’re successful in the position and thrive within our culture.
So, if the following describes you, we encourage you to apply:
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- OCD-level attention to detail
- Smart but easy-going
- Always on time
- Curious. You like figuring things out and want to learn new skills
- Would never decline a task saying “that’s not my job”
- Engaged and enthusiastic
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration. Thanks!