This is an entry-level position, so we don’t expect you to know how to do this job (don’t worry, we’ll provide training), but we do expect you to have certain qualities that will ensure you’re successful in the position and thrive within our culture.
A QC sleever will visually inspect vinyl records for visual imperfections that could impact audio quality. They will then sleeve the finished record into an innersleeve, ready to be further assembled.
This full-time position requires presence M-F during normal business hours. We offer training, group health plans, paid vacation, holidays, and 401k.
So, if the following describes you, we encourage you to apply.
- Learns fast
- Takes initiative to improve processes
- Attention to detail (this is key)
- Understands urgency
- Good communicator
- Good ears (must be able to pick up on small imperfections)
- Quick dexterity and fine motor skills to do repetitive work
- Like being part of a team who works hard, respects their work and their co-workers
- Ability to work within a team is essential so we’ll mention it again
- Demonstrates common sense and adheres to safety measures
Some things you’ll do in this position:
- Inspect pressed records for physical and visual flaws as presses are running
- Confirm that the weight, color and format of each record matches the order specifications
- Verify that the label copy and side match the catalog number / side scribed on record
- Listen for audio quality, surface noise, ticks, and pops
- Maintain logs and related digital documentation of work
- Actively and concisely communicate pressing defects to operators
- Place finished record into an inner sleeve jacket, keeping pace to meet metrics
- Work closely with press operators to ensure elimination of defects
Some things you’ll need in this position:
- The ability to listen for mistakes, not for music
- Experience in some sort of assembly work
- Attention to detail
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org