Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for 22 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
Some things you’ll do in this position (aka responsibilities):
- Inspect pressed records for physical and visual flaws as presses are running
- Confirm that the weight, color and format of each record matches the order specifications
- Verify that the label copy and side match the catalog number / side scribed on record
- Listen for audio quality, surface noise, ticks, and pops
- Maintain logs and related digital documentation of work
- Actively and concisely communicate pressing defects to operators
Some things you’ll need in this position (aka requirements):
- The ability to listen for mistakes, not for music
- Attention to detail (so important we’re saying it again)
- Learns fast
- Attention to detail (this is key)
- Understands urgency
- Good communicator
- Good ears (must be able to pick up on small imperfections)
- Like being part of a team who works hard,respects their work and their co-workers
- Work closely with press operators to ensure elimination of defects
- Ability to work within a team is essential
- Demonstrates common sense and adheres to safety measures
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thanks!