Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for over 25 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
We are looking for a Visual QC Inspector to join our fantastic team.
Some things you’ll do in this position (aka responsibilities):
- Inspect pressed records for physical and visual flaws
- Verify that the label copy and side match the catalog number / side scribed on record
- Put records into paper sleeves
- Maintain logs and related digital documentation of work
Some things you’ll need in this position (aka requirements):
- The ability to listen for mistakes, not for music
- Attention to detail (so important we’re saying it again)
- Learns fast
- Attention to detail (this is key)
- Understands urgency
- Good communicator
- Likes being part of a team who works hard, respects their work and their co-workers
All applicants must be vaccinated for Covid-19 and willing to use a face-scanning time clock to record their hours to be considered.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Please send all resumes to email@example.com for consideration.