Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for 22 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
We are looking for a Press Operator to join our fantastic team.
They will be responsible for operating and turning out hundreds of vinyl records according to the jobs that come in. This is an entry-level job, we don’t expect you to know how to do this job (don’t worry, we’ll provide training), but we do expect you to have certain qualities that will ensure you’re successful in the position and thrive within our culture.
Some things you’ll do in this position (aka responsibilities):
- Keep pressing station stocked with needed supplies
- Setup and changeover jobs in the pressing room
- Follow instructions, follow schedules, keep press running to be aligned with both.
- Maintain and improve workspaces for safety, efficiency, and LEAN
Some things you’ll need in this position (aka requirements):
- Mechanical work experience in a repair or manufacturing environment ideal
- Comfortable around (heavy duty) machines and an eagerness to master them is essential
- Learns quickly
- Thinks critically and enjoys problem solving
- Has a keen eye for detail
- Understands urgency (this is key)
- Good communicator
- Comfortable with machines
- Likes being part of a team who works hard, respects their work and their co-workers
- Demonstrates common sense and adheres to safety measures
Please send all resumes to email@example.com for consideration.