Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for 22 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
Furnace is seeking a highly resourceful warehouse administrator to support our leadership team. This position is an integral part of the Furnace crew and includes a unique opportunity to engage in a wide variety of manufacturing operations. The position involves directly supporting the VP of Manufacturing in a variety of projects and duties.
Some things you’ll do in this position (aka responsibilities):
- Report directly to VP of Manufacturing
- Collection, entry and analysis of manufacturing data
- Act as a liaison between Furnace and vendors
- Organize incoming inventory for press room
- Attend staff meetings and develop task lists and notes
- Assist with scheduling and strategy sessions
- Point of contact for supply orders
- Assist with inventory cycle counts for press room consumables
- Perform follow up for projects and task lists
- Develop detailed understanding of our processes and procedures; how is a record made? How does a press work?
This position requires presence M-F during normal business hours. We offer training, group health plans, paid vacation, holidays, and 401k.
Some things you’ll need in this position (aka requirements):
- Exceptional time management and task prioritization skills
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment or warehouse operations
- Familiarity with Excel, Google Sheets, word processing and/or other data entry software
- Valid driver license and car
- Regular and reliable attendance is essential
- Can-do attitude and willingness to wear multiple hats
This is an entry-level position, so we don’t expect you to know how to do this job (don’t worry, we’ll provide training), but we do expect you to have certain qualities that will ensure you’re successful in the position and thrive within our culture.
So, if the following describes you, we encourage you to apply:
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Notices details
- Can do basic math
- Understands urgency (this is key)
- Likes being part of a team that works hard, respects their work and their co-workers
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.