Furnace Record Pressing is a full-service vinyl pressing plant based in Alexandria, VA. We make vinyl records for major labels and indies, musicians, and all who care about quality and craft. We’ve been doing this for 22 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor. This means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day through continual improvement of processes and ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
About the Position
Some things you’ll do in this position (aka responsibilities):
- Receive and verify all incoming freight using Furnace’s inventory system
- Assist with accurate and timely shipments across the country and world using small package (Fed Ex/UPS) and LTL freight
- Complete inventory cycle counts and verifies the quality
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the warehouse
This position requires presence M-F during normal business hours. We offer training, group health plans, paid vacation, holidays, and 401k.
Some things you’ll need in this position (aka requirements):
- The ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to operate a PC, hand truck and pallet jack
- Demonstrated proficient ability to navigate a Mac environment
- Knowledge of FileMaker or other database systems a plus
- Your own transportation
This is an entry-level position, so we don’t expect you to know how to do this job (don’t worry, we’ll provide training), but we do expect you to have certain qualities that will ensure you’re successful in the position and thrive within our culture.
So, if the following describes you, we encourage you to apply:
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Notices details
- Can do basic math
- Understands urgency (this is key)
- Likes being part of a team that works hard, respects their work and their co-workers
- Has basic computer skills
- Forklift experience a plus but not a requirement (we will teach you)
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thanks!